Find us here:
- Public relations officer: Thor Seierø Mouritsen (00 45) 25 88 20 16
- Head of project: Claus Jørgensen (00 45) 22 22 74 55 or email@example.com.
See all our tests of the chemicals in consumer products
We are the consumers' chemical watchdog
All consumers are at risk of being exposed to problematic chemicals. Danish Consumer Council THINK Chemicals strives to reach out to all segments of society.
In our tests we examine consumer products such as earphones, diapers, cosmetics, chewing gum and cleansing tissues and much more.
However, children and pregnant women are particularly vulnerable to problematic chemicals. Consequently we put in an extra effort in testing consumer products aimed at these groups - so far we have tested for example pushchairs, cleansing tissues and loom bands.
How we conduct tests in The Danish Consumer Council THINK Chemicals
Consumers need an independent voice in the European Union
Danish Consumer Council THINK Chemicals creates working relationships with other NGO’s in Denmark as well as in other countries of the European Union. That is to supplement the efforts of the authorities with a strong and common NGO voice.
We are independent
Danish Consumer Council THINK Chemicals is independent of authorities, business communities and political parties. Our activities are continuously coordinated with the Danish Environmental Protection Agency – mainly as regards tests and examinations of health and environmentally damaging substances in consumer products.
Tests: Feel free to share our articles
If you want to receive news articles regarding our tests in English send a request on firstname.lastname@example.org.
24. august 2021: Titanium dioxide in personal care products can be problematic
9. august 2021: Test of phthalates in plastic products
29. july 2021: Test of chemicals in school bags
7. july 2021: Test of chemicals in cosmetics bought outside of the EU
30. june 2021: Test of chemicals in eyebrow and eyelash colors
22. June 2021: Test of chemicals in sun sticks
31. May 2021: Test of chemicals in disposable tableware
23. May 2021: Test of chemicals in chewing gum
20. May 2021: Test of chemicals in sunscreen
29. April 2021: Online cosmetics: The ingredients do not need to be declared
27. April 2021: Test of chemicals in self-tanners
27. April 2021: Test of chemicals in body lotion
22. February 2021: Test of chemicals in lip balms
22. January 2021: Test of chemicals in mascaras
22. January 2021: Test: Do you know the chemicals in your deodorant?
21. January 2021: Test: These chemicals are used in floor detergents
18. September 2020: Test: Which chemicals are used in toothpaste?
16. September 2020: Cosmetics: This heavily debated chemical is endocrine disrupting in humans
17. june 2020: Test: Which chemicals are used in creams with high fat content
15. June 2020: Test: Silicone vibrators release volatile organic compounds
12. June 2020: Test examines the chemicals in baby ointments and zink ointments
11. June 2020: Substances from new list of endocrine disruptors are widely used in cosmetics
10. June 2020: Test: These chemicals are used in sunscreen
10. June 2020: Test: All-purpose cleaning products may contain highly allergenic preservatives
18. May 2020: Test: Which chemicals are used in lube?
18. May 2020: Test: Many cleaning wipes contain allergenic preservatives
1. April 2020: Care products for sensitive skin may contain allergenic substances
18. February 2020: Test: Lipsticks may contain perfume, mineral oils and suspected endocrine disrupting substances
20. December 2019: Test: Do you know the chemicals in your hand cream?
16. December 2019: Test of phthalates in LED Christmas lights
13. December 2019: Test shows pthalates and perfume in toy dolls
11. November 2019: Test of cheap jewellery: Nikkel release exceeds limit values
11. November 2019: Test: These problematic chemicals are found in prams
17. October 2019: Test: 25 shampoos without unwanted chemicals
12. September 2019: Test of chemicals in hardshell jackets
20. August 2019: Test of chemicals in liquid hand soaps
8. July 2019: Test: Unwanted chemicals in colorful foodpackaging
24. June 2019: Test: Unwanted chemicals in toys from eBay, Amazon and Wish
4. April 2019: Test: Unwanted chemicals in balloons
6. March 2019: Test: Does your moisturizer contain unwanted chemicals?
5. March 2019: Test: Chewing gum can contain unwanted substances
5. March 2019: Hair wax: Which chemicals are in the products?
28. February 2019: Test of baby wet wipes
14. January 2019: Test of chemicals in deodorants
6. November 2018: Test: Are fluorinated substances used in snowsuits for children?
12. October 2018: Test: Slime toys release unwanted chemicals
10. September 2018: Squishies release harmful chemicals – throw them out say Danish authorities
14. August 2018: Test: Menstrual cups
4. July 2018: Test: Bisphenol A still present in cans with tomatoes
4. July 2018: 6 plastic balls notified for content of endocrine disruptors
3. July 2018: Test: Children’s bicycle seats are without unwanted chemicals
8. May 2018: Test: Fluorinated substances in the food packaging from ready-made cakes
23. April 2018: Cosmetics from wish.com fail to comply with EU-legislation
16. April 2018: Test: Body lotions may contain endocrine disrupting chemicals and allergenic perfume
7. February 2018: Dark chocolate: These problematic chemicals were found in test
30. January 2018: Test: These problematic chemicals are found in laundry detergent for white clothes
20. December 2017: Toys: Still phthalates in toys and products for kids
28. November 2017: Test: These substances are used in mascaras
3. November 2017: Test: Which substances are used in your lip balm?
1. November 2017: Test: All tested oregano contained pesticides
11. October 2017: Allergenic fragrance is banned, but allowed to stay on the market for years
12. September 2017: Rubber boots for chilldren contain unwanted substances
8. September 2017: Test: Fidget spinners can contain unwanted chemicals above legal limits
3. August 2017: Push chairs: These problematic chemicals were found in test
13. July 2017: Test: Here are the sunscreens without problematic chemicals
4. April 2017: Check your dishwashing soap for allergenic preservatives
3. April 2017: Your lip balm may contain problematic oils
29. March 2017: Test: Fluorinated substances found in impregnation sprays
29. March 2017: Test examines chemicals in laundry detergents for colored clothes
9. March 2017: Fast food packaging contains unwanted fluorinated substances
13. February 2017: Test: Plastic products contained unwanted phthalates
18. January 2017: Unwanted chemicals are difficult to spot in nail polish
9. January 2017: Test examines the chemicals in soda cans
4. January 2017: Test: Which chemicals are in children's highchairs?
7. December 2016: Test: Chemicals in cans of coconut milk
8. November 2016: Test: Unwanted perfume hides behind 'fresh' and 'anti-odour' in tampons and sanitary napkins
4. November 2016: Test: Unwanted chemicals in chewing gum
4. October 2016: Test: Chemicals in canned tuna
4. October 2016: Test: Chemicals in moisturizing face cream
6. July 2016: Spray deodorants containing illegal triclosan found in many shops
30. June 2016: Fluorinated substances found in lotion, mascaras and shaving foam
29. June 2016: Summer: Find a sunscreen without problematic chemicals
19. May 2016: Test: Which chemicals are in your children’s pushchair?
3. May 2016: Test: 14 toothpastes are without problematic substances
26. April 2016: Test: 26 shampoos are without perfume and problematic ingredients
18. March 2016: Test: Fluorinated substances in paper packaging passed on to the cake table
18. March 2016: Test: Bisphenol A still found in canned peeled tomatoes
17. February 2016: Test: Banned endocrine disrupting phthalate found in baby sleeping bag
22. January 2016: Drinking bottles do well in chemical test
19. January 2016: Chemicals from plastic food containers migrate into warm fatty foods
7. January 2016: Banned and potentially cancer-causing substance still found i personal care products
6. January 2016: Test: Fluorinated substances in most mittens for children
16. December 2015: Test: Unwanted substances in controllers for gaming consoles are not covered by toys legislation
6. December 2015: Gift boxes with cosmetics are a cocktail of problematic chemicals
24. November 2015: Test: Moisturizer from Elizabeth Arden contains preservative that Cosmetics Europe advises against using
18. November 2015: Test: Problematic Chemical popular in razors
4. November 2015: Test: Lips with a touch of unwanted chemicals
19. October 2015: Test: Unwanted chemicals found in pizza boxes
15. October 2015: Test: Halloween without 'scary' chemicals
7. October 2015: Test: Do you know what is in your deodorant?
21. September 2015: Test: Hair wax contains illegal chemical
3. September 2015: Test: Toxins in your mobile phone?
21. August 2015: Test: Many hand soaps contain allergenic substances
12. August 2015: Test: Fewer Sunscreens Contain Endocrine Disrupting Substances
25. June 2015: Test: School Bags
22. June 2015: Test: Microwave Popcorn Wrapped in Harmful Substances
11. June 2015: Test: Children’s Chewing Gum Contains Endocrine Disrupting Substances
20. April 2015: Test: Every Other Pushchair Contain Problematic Chemicals
26. February 2015: Test: Chemical Dissonance in Headphones